Jan 22, 2021
In this episode Tim and Laurie talk to Laura Patsko about how
she carried out the research that led to the creation of our
evidence-informed learning design principles.
Laura is a language and pedagogy consultant and an exceptional
researcher. In our conversation, we covered:
- Laura's circuitous route to became a learning experience
- How we worked together in 2019 to share our understanding and
unearth questions about what really works in learning; and how
Laura used that as a launchpad to dive into an ocean of learning
science research, with the goal of helping us to identify and
synthesise practical insights that could inform the work we do as
- Laura's specific process for working through mountains of
research in a way that's both effective and manageable.
- How Laura is able to maintain energy and stay productive while
doing research work.
- How bringing in external reviewers took the process to the next
level, and uncovered a major gap in our thinking about how learning
- How we can apply the insights from the research in practical
ways on learning projects.
- How we see our learning design principles evolving over